& Tornado Alley
The Matter of the Singularity of Black Holes
Stephen Hawking addressed the issue of the singularity of black holes in the following articles before the publication of the
above quoted letter:
- • Stephen Hawking (Cambridge U.), "The Occurrence of singularities in cosmology, Part I," Proc.Roy.Soc.Lond. A294 (1966) pp. 511-521.
- •Stephen Hawking (Cambridge U.), "The Occurrence of singularities in cosmology, Part II," Proc.Roy.Soc.Lond. A295 (1966) pp. 490-493.
- • Stephen Hawking, Singularities and t geometry of space-time, 1966.
- •Stephen Hawking & G.F.R. Ellis (both at Cambridge U.) "Singularities in homogeneous world models," Phys.Lett. 17 (June1965) pp. 246-247.
- •Stephen Hawking (Cambridge U.), "On the Hoyle-Narlikar theory of gravitation," Proc.Roy.Soc.Lond. A286 (Feb. 1965) pp. 313-319.
- •Stephen Hawking (Cambridge U.), "Occurrence of singularities in open universes," Phys.Rev. ett. 15 (1965) pp. 689-690.